What’s the space around you like? Do you function from a place of ‘organised chaos’ or where there is a place for everything and everything in its place? And whichever category you fall into do you find that other areas of your life play out the same way – cluttered or religiously organised?
We often need to assess the clutter around us to sort out what in it is necessary and what is not. De-cluttering our space can often help us to de-clutter our minds as well as our karma. I have tried and tested this and it really has paid dividends. Whenever I feel there is too much going on and I am unsure what to do next, I clear my environment. I give things to charity, throw out things that are no longer of use to anyone and organise my space in such a way that I can retrieve what I need at any given moment without turning my space upside down!
In that moment of organised space, I find I am able to work with more energy and a freer state of mind… weird really but Feng Shui seems to back it up. Truth has it, your space reveals much about you as a person, your beliefs and values as well as habits. So what is your space saying right now?
The good news is that if your space is not currently sending out the kind of messages you would want people to associate with you, then you can make the change! Once every 3-6months have a good clear out (some tips on de-cluttering) or actually every time your head feels like one more piece of information will cause it to explode. Don’t be afraid of letting things go… they are ‘things’. You’ll instantly know the items that have any real emotional value and as long as they breed good feelings, keep them.
The whole purpose of de-cluttering is to make space for something greater to flow in and when you start to think of it that way it makes sense to do it regularly!
Award-winning Women's Health Advocate & Self-Care Coach, Helping Busy Professional Women Find Time For Themselves And Loved Ones Without Feeling Guilty Or Sacrificing Their Self-Care.
Author of the best-selling book “Suck It Up Or Change – If you want a better life you create it” YvonneB lives life applying the 7F Principles she uncovers in her book and shares elements of them in her work delivery:
1. Being Fit & healthy – putting your health first, becoming mentally, physically & emotionally strong to maximise daily living
2. Being Fearless – building confidence to break-through fears, enabling you to do the things you truly desire
3. Creating Freedom – taking control of what you can, so that you can experience freedom as defined by you
4. Paying it Forward – serving, supporting and sharing; locally, globally, to make a difference
5. Enjoying Friends, Family & Network – building a network of positive supportive people to collaborate with and to give & receive help
6. Having Fun – setting aside time to enjoy life doing the things that bring you joy
7. Having Faith – developing belief, be it in self or in a higher being, that inspires you to go for your dreams
Favourite Quote: ‘Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel…’ Eleanor Brownn
E-Mentor at Women's WorldWide Web: https://www.w4.org/en/e-mentoring/
Teacher on Transformation TV: http://www.transformation.tv/
Philanthropist at Bath Women's Fund: https://stjohnsbath.org.uk/bath-womens-fund/
View all posts by YvonneB