Do you ever have one of ‘those days’ (or weeks or months) that seem to bring a multitude of news you really don’t want?
Well, I had one of ‘those days’ last week and I have to say I felt tired, worn down and stressed out, quite an unusual experience for me. Of course, my first thought at the end of that day was ‘What have I been focusing on or thinking about?’ This is usually where I go to get my answers when things aren’t coming together because I believe what I am focused on is what I manifest.
And true to my thinking, I was able to see cracks in my usually positive mindset and through those cracks, doubt had leaked in, dampening my sunny disposition and my dreams! Ah, the power of a thought…
So from being sunny side up with total faith in what I do, I went into a mini meltdown but when I got through the other side I wondered how people coped with being in that space on a regular basis. I experienced it over a 24 hour period but what’s it like over a week, a month? How do you motivate yourself to get up and do anything? How do you sleep at night with the constant pressure of dread, worry or concern?
From my point of view stress can and probably will sink your dreams… if you allow it to. There is a need to be able to deal with a degree of stress from time to time but it is your responsibility to change your mindset in order to reduce its frequency and its effect. If stress is your reaction to a situation then clearly you have to learn how to react differently. And yes, it is possible even if it doesn’t seem like it at the time.
So when stressed, ask yourself:
What is it that is weighing me down?
What do I need to do about it? Action is key!
Who can help me (if required)?
How can I better manage my reaction in the future?
What is the feeling of stress stopping me from achieving and doing?
Am I okay with that? (and that should be a no!)
Getting past stressful situations allows you to refocus on the things that are truly important to you so never stick your head in the sand in the hope the problem will go away, deal with it! This will help you become more solution focused and allow you to move on.
Don’t let your dreams sink – you deserve so much more!
Award-winning Women's Health Advocate & Self-Care Coach, Helping Busy Professional Women Find Time For Themselves And Loved Ones Without Feeling Guilty Or Sacrificing Their Self-Care.
Author of the best-selling book “Suck It Up Or Change – If you want a better life you create it” YvonneB lives life applying the 7F Principles she uncovers in her book and shares elements of them in her work delivery:
1. Being Fit & healthy – putting your health first, becoming mentally, physically & emotionally strong to maximise daily living
2. Being Fearless – building confidence to break-through fears, enabling you to do the things you truly desire
3. Creating Freedom – taking control of what you can, so that you can experience freedom as defined by you
4. Paying it Forward – serving, supporting and sharing; locally, globally, to make a difference
5. Enjoying Friends, Family & Network – building a network of positive supportive people to collaborate with and to give & receive help
6. Having Fun – setting aside time to enjoy life doing the things that bring you joy
7. Having Faith – developing belief, be it in self or in a higher being, that inspires you to go for your dreams
Favourite Quote: ‘Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel…’ Eleanor Brownn
E-Mentor at Women's WorldWide Web: https://www.w4.org/en/e-mentoring/
Teacher on Transformation TV: http://www.transformation.tv/
Philanthropist at Bath Women's Fund: https://stjohnsbath.org.uk/bath-womens-fund/
View all posts by YvonneB