I was recently devastated to find out that the great tale of ‘it takes more muscles to frown than smile’ was not quite true. However I then went on to find, what I think is so far undisputed evidence, that laughter prolongs life… Bonus!
In today’s world, it would be easy to go down the slippery slope of depression on a daily basis. The newspapers, TV stories and even the radio seem to be full of horror stories. But does it have to be that way?
Whatever the media chooses to print I believe there is always good things happening in the world too, they just don’t seem to cause the hype the bad news brings.
So choosing fun and laughter is up to you! You can view life through the murky lens that states you are being insensitive to others by being happy whilst they are not OR you can go for it and hope they too will see there is a better state to CHOOSE to live in…
I came across these 7 top tips to bring more laughter into your life:
- Identify what makes you laugh and actively look for those situations. Your brain will actually help you find it when you decide to focus on more fun and games!
- Watch at least one funny movie per week, and play funny CD’s or downloads in the car while driving to work (an excellent way to get over morning moods!)
- Make fun of what you actually fear. See the comic side in your fearful thoughts, exaggerate them and make them ridiculous.
- Act silly and make other people laugh; that will get you sniggering too.
- Have a roll on the floor with your kids or your dog. Try a pillow fight for a change.
- Take some laughing yoga classes; they’ll get you cracking up.
- Laugh at yourself each and every day. If you can make the problems you face funny, or at least see them in a different light, they will probably cease being a problem.
(Top Tips recommended by Marc de Bruin)
So don’t let the challenges in life get you down, laugh more, live longer and share the fun!
“The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.”
US humorist, novelist, short story author, & wit (1835 – 1910)