Even with all the best ideas in the world, if you let this one thing take a solid hold you will look at those ideas and shudder at the thought of taking action. It’s time to… Confront FEAR
Fear is the one thing that can stop us from achieving, from believing, from aspiring… this one 4 letter word.
And yet it is:
I have spoken with a number of women who ‘stay within their comfort zone‘, quite often because they have preconceived ideas about how other people will react if they should suddenly do things differently. This is just one area of ‘fear’ – other people’s expectations.
When something is new, fear can also sky-rocket. The thought of ‘looking silly’ or ‘failing’ just stops you in your tracks. Do you see the false expectations in that thinking?
You are unique, a gifted individual and you have rights. Without stretching the boundaries of your comfort zones how can you truly know who you are and what you are capable of?
Top Tips for managing Fear:
- Stop viewing things going wrong as a failure. Failure is when you hit a brick wall and don’t bother to rise up again. You cannot fail if you keep on persevering
- Being rejected, be it from a job, relationship or friendship is a sign to move on. It is hurtful, it can cause you to temporarily become inactive but as long as it is only temporary, that’s fine. Take time to realign who you are with what you want (not what you don’t want), look for the lesson in the rubble, understand it and move forward, stronger and with more understanding
- Break every goal or action step down into manageable pieces. Better to do a small deed every day than attempt to take on the world in a day. Each small step will build your confidence and motivation
- Keep your eye on the goal – make it visual, remember why you started the journey; see the end picture of you crossing the line and the life you will have thereafter…
- You don’t have to fight the fear, accept it as a normal part of growing and developing because for most people it is!
So to all of you wonderful women out there, stand up and be counted, let your voice be heard and when you feel fearful… just do it anyway!
Four letters versus you = no competition!