Life is a journey with many twists and turns, with moments of great joy as well as events that pose huge challenges. Amazingly though many people are still allowing life to ‘happen’ to them instead of creating the life they desire.
Taking control and creating life is about finding your authentic self underneath all the preinstalled beliefs that have been born out of experiences, rules, education and the media. Is it achievable? You better believe it! It is a choice to be made…
Every year I set myself goals, business and personal. I then create a plan and take daily action steps towards making them… and inevitably they materialise. That is this power of being able to create that I want to share and encourage other women to harness…
Are You Creating Your Life?
What does that question mean to you? Our pictures of life will inevitably be different because our desires are different and our mind maps (our preinstalled beliefs and experiences) are unique to us. And how we think makes a huge difference to how we behave.
Here are some questions for you to ponder:
- When you wake in the morning what is your first thought?
- In your week, how much time do you allocate for yourself to do things just for you?
- If someone is critical of you (something you said, how you look, etc) how do you react?
- Are your friends supportive of you when you have ideas, be they business, career or leisure pursuits? What sort of things do they say?
- When you speak to your family, spouse/partner about things you’d like to do or achieve, what type of feedback & support do you get?
- When you look in the mirror what do you think of as you look at your reflection?
- When was the last time you read anything educational and what was it?
- How much time do you spend watching TV per week? What do you like to watch & why?
- When you think about the word ‘budget’ what images and thoughts does it conjure up?
- What fills you with fear?
- Do you ever plan your day/week/ month or do you just wait to see what the day/week/month will bring?
- At the end of a day, what is likely to be the most prominent thought in your mind?
Based on your answers are you running on auto-pilot most of the time, doing and being without thinking? Or do you consciously think things through?
It doesn’t matter if you have been running on auto-pilot because now you’ve acknowledged it, you can take steps to change it and you can begin to create the life you desire… one step at a time!