As May draws to a close I am busy reflecting on 2013 five months in. Apart from the obvious comment – where the hell has the time gone – it is also an opportunity to think about the goals I set for myself and where I am in relation to them.
I have certainly ticked off a number of goals and busy working my way through others but some of the key things I have realised are:
- If you have big goals, get help
- If you don’t have the answer to a pressing question, ask someone in the know
- If you feel overwhelmed by what you are doing, stop, take stock and remind yourself how far you have already come (this is so important to do to balance out your focus; it reminds you where you started and the progress you have already made as you look towards the finish line that may at times seem far away)
- Every step takes you closer, no matter how small
- The company you keep will affect the outcomes you have so spend time in the company of people who raise you up and support your dreams
- Be thankful for each new day regardless of the challenges it may bring – at least you have the day. Others have theirs taken away
- Press on with steely determination, enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude – what the mind can conceive you can achieve
There are probably many more realisations to come and I welcome them all; they are part of my growth and development, enabling me to help others.
I hope May has been good to you and that your 2013 is on track and if it’s not… make it so because you have the power to.
“Friends are the mirror reflecting the truth of who we are” – unknown
Published by YvonneB
A catalyst for change, Yvonne Bignall is a breath of fresh air in the extraordinary way she helps women 50+ to reconnect with life & their innate power through radical self-care, guilt-free!
She supports, encourages, and inspires women to prioritise their health, one bitesize action at a time. Her work is challenging as it navigates through difficult conversations, listening & observing how women’s health issues have been:
❊ Under-resourced &
❊ Swept under the carpet
She helps women to recognise & unpack old scripts that still (sadly enough) tell them that their value derives from their level of caregiving of others, their output. The truth is it is the input, the ability to resource self, which provides women with the energy required to realise their true potential.
Along with her team, she explores the thoughts, behaviour & habits, often born out of guilt, gender expectations, and reinforced narratives, with curiosity (not judgment), discarding the unhelpful, whilst reclaiming innate power through the creation of new patterns, restoring a sense of self, outside of societal expectations. In her opinion, this allows women to:
✔ Develop an elevated level of self-awareness
✔ Build / rebuild their confidence & self-belief
✔ Value all of who they are and invest time in who they want to be at their best
A self-care warrior, an encourager & inspirer, Yvonne is today an award-winning Women’s Health Advocate, Published Author, and an International Presenter. She is also a Radio Show Host and a Podcaster.
Yvonne is focused on building a community of women, www.PermissionToThrive.online, who are ready to reclaim their right to self-care, guilt-free, and who prioritise their health without apology, role-modeling behaviour & habits that inform generations to come of their true value.
She also advocates for self-care over burnout in the workplace, delivering practical webinars in the corporate space. In her own words, “It is time for employees to prioritise their wellbeing. How will they deliver their best work without it?”
One of her favourite quotes comes from Eleanor Brown, ‘Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel’
Connect with Yvonne and,
🌱 Become part of the self-care revolution at Permission to Thrive or
📞 Book a chat to find out about her coaching and corporate services: https://calendly.com/yvonne-b/20min
View all posts by YvonneB