Compassion, in my words, is the desire to help another by understanding or empathising with their pain, their thoughts or feelings. The emotional motivation to do more for others, to be more of who we are.
We are connected and through that connection, we have the power to help, support, love, give, listen, share and save.
And we can demonstrate compassion in so many different simple ways;
- Helping someone with a chore they struggle to do (shopping for an elderly neighbour)
- Helping a mother with her pushchair down some stairs (I remember all too well what a struggle that could be!)
- Calling someone up for a chat for no other reason than to make sure they are okay
- Sending a card, a text, a bunch of flowers
- Helping your local community in a ‘keep it tidy’ campaign
- Sponsoring the life of a child
What would our world be like if each and everyone of us practiced compassion every single day? I wonder…
But I think it’s time to wonder less, and do more – what will you do?
P.S: A little video just for you!