Ever have those mornings when you wake up and feel out of sync? You think about getting up but the actual action doesn’t seem to follow? Basically your energy is low and you feel lifeless. What can you do to start your day the right way?
I’m sure there are a number of ways to get that spark back. I know for me a good morning run works a treat; it revitalizes me and I feel in tune again. But what if that’s not your thing or if you are really struggling to face the day; here are 10 of my favourite morning thoughts to help you on your way…
Say them out loud or just absorb the words. Allow yourself to feel each sentence; it is the ability to feel that will help you to take them in.
1. Thank you for today. I know that I am one of the fortunate ones to wake up and have this day. There are no guarantees of how many days we have and so I commit to embracing this one as if it were the only one I had.
2. Today I choose wellbeing. I know good health allows me to move through each day with ease and I welcome the opportunity to feel good, to feel strong, and to be physically able.
3. Today I choose to be happy, not because I have to be, but because I want to be. And I know that happiness resides within me, it is not someone else’s responsibility to bring it to me.
4. I acknowledge the supportive people in my life. I am thankful to have the few (or many) who happily lift me up and encourage me to be all that I can be.
5. As I set about my day I commit to kind words, kind thoughts and kind actions. There is so much joy to gain from treating others well, it puts a spring in my step and more often than not a smile on their face. And the thought of that makes me smile.
6. I plan my day in such a way that there is time to do the things I am responsible for as well as the other things I want and love to do. I am flexible because I know plans can be subject to change yet I remain focused in order to get the most and give the most to my day.
7. I take pleasure in doing my work with care, in delivering results and being effective. When I do my work well inevitably, others benefit.
8. I accept with sincerity that through giving I receive my greatest rewards. For every good deed sown more opportunities flourish and so I give with a joyful heart, without expectation from the recipient because the return will come in time; it always does.
9. I respect the right’s of others just as I respect my own right’s, always striving to be assertive. And when I fall short I forgive myself as I forgive others, allowing me to press on with the best of intentions.
10. I commit to practicing these positive thoughts daily, adding new ones as I choose, knowing that as they become my natural way of thinking, I will feel more and more uplifted.
The magic is in the commitment to practice, so rephrase them to suit you and add your own positive thoughts in the mix. There truly is power in your thoughts so choose them well…
Live blissfully & start your day the right way,