We have this amazing machine called the body that we use day in and day out (for better or for worse!) How is it then, that a lot of us do not know the workings of it or what it is truly capable of?
I am constantly learning about my physical & mental capabilities, it fascinates me and here are a few ‘did you know’ facts I picked up from The Health Sciences Academy that I’d like to share (although you might already know them!):
- By standing up 3 hours a day you would burn an extra 30,000 calories per year
- 30 minutes of bright morning light reduces your weight gain risk by up to 20%
- Interrupting prolonged sitting with brief 2-minute breaks decreases cancer risk
- You may eat 549 calories extra if you miss only 80 minutes of sleep
- Your muscles are 70% water and even your bones are a watery 31%
- Your moving muscles pump fresh oxygen in the brain and trigger feel-good chemicals
- Drinking 2 litres of water per day can raise your energy expenditure by 400 calories
- Eating 7 portions of fruit & vegetables per day reduces your mortality risk by 42%
- Immersing yourself in deep reading 6 minutes per day can reduce stress by 68%
And this list isn’t even scratching the surface! It provides a little insight into what makes us so amazing; something we often forget (or take for granted).
It’s your body, but did you know it was this amazing? Share a fact below…
To Your Health & Wellbeing,